Monday, August 24, 2009

Moments

Hey Snickas. Lets play catch up..ready, set go!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I FINALLY got my patriarchal blessing August 6th. I dont know why I waited so long, fear is lame. I love my blessing so much though. Everytime I read it, BAM, hello..here's some more insight for you! Its legit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Stacey's gone again. Back to Utah in the land of the big BYU. Why we only took like two pictures togther all summer? I have no flippin idea! Whatever, Im getting cheese fries.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two weekends ago I got to go to Colorado with Luke. His sister Briana needed help with her roof, and Luke wanted me to go and meet her and her family. She and Chris (her husband) got us plane tickets, how flippin kind, and off we flew. They live in Cheyenne Wells which is two hours from Denver near Kansas. We got in Friday night and Saturday we went to work! Luke, Briana, Chris and Briana's friend Stacey (I dont know if thats how she spells her name, but thats how Im rollin with it) anyways, they all got up on the roof and didnt mess around. There were a few battle wounds but it was worth it. I got to keep an eye on the five kids and play with them, but also answer all of their questions because hey didnt hold back, lol. Sierra, Ridge, Brynlee, Rhiwan, and Snowdon..good funny kids. They are coming down to Texas Labor Day weekend for the BYU-Oklahoma game in the Cowboys Stadium (hollerr)..that will be way fun to see them again so soon. I didnt take any pictures in Colorado either, fail.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Thursday my mom, Dana and I all went to Houston..well Katy really. Anyways, we went to try on wedding dresses..that was fun! We left in the morning, got to College Station so we could pick up Dala. We got Subway for lunch, gah..I love Subway. Then we drove on down there. Dana's first dress she tried on was way pretty and it looked great on her! I had ones that I liked but werent in love with..they just didnt seem quite like 'Cortney' dresses. But were cute non the less. It was good becuase I found out things about the dresses that I thought I liked and ones I thought I didnt..plus I got to spend time with Dana..ballerr.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then Friday night, Luke and I got to Burleson where his brother Nathan lives. We took his oldest niece Angel out on a 'date.' She is SO sweet! She's full of life and is smart and loving. Im amazed sometimes that she is younger then my little brother Tyler. Of course girls do mature faster, lol. We were going to go see Band Slam, because two votes to one vote wins, but it stopped showing at 4ish, lame. So we went to Braums, score. I LOVE ice cream. Its a weakness of mine and will be the first to admit it. I got a double dip with chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter cup, heavenly. Then we just went back and chilled with her, Nathan, and Jaquie (my bad if its spelled different!). & That was really nice to talk with them.

Then Saturday morning I got to go out to brunch with Beth, Marlee, Chelsea and Lyla! We went to the Corner Bakery, oh dang. Beth got this pumpkin muffin that was so yummy. They have these huge cinnamon rolls too, if you havent had one, go get one. After chatting it up and eating we went to Hobby Lobby (Love that store) to look for fabric. Marlee got stuff to make these picture holder/bulletin board things that is super cute. We went back to her apartment and she and Bef put the fabric on the board, they she was going to criss cross the ribbon to make something like this..http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4869808/149794-main_Full.jpg ..but it is cuter then this one. Anywho. That was good fun!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This weekend was Stake Conference. I really love it too. President Porter and his counselors are the bomb.com. Its so sincere when they speak to us and I really like hearing the stake sing together. Saturday night was the Adult session and I sadly forgot to bring my spiral so I could take notes (that way I also dont fall asleep) but I didnt bring it, so no notes. But I loved it, there was a nice spirit that was there. Sister Evelyn got released from Young Womens Presidency and Im sure it was a bittersweeet thing for her. I loved having the same pesidency throughout most of my young women days, it was comforting and I love them..duh.
Sunday morning was with the whole stake, except some spanish speaking members becuase they were having a session at 12 for those who wanted and needed to listen in Spanish. This time I didnt not forget my spiral. So I have notes from this one, lol. A main focus was on the Temple and it was great! I loved hearing how all the topics melted together and that I learned a few things. I wrote down something that I thought was really cool. "Doing your geneology is an important work, it progresses to temple work, which can bring the gospel to everyone, and everyone's connected, thus you are changing the world one name at a time."
After conference we went to Lukes house, made lunch (yummy), cleaned up some (always love that) and watched Twilight (which I actually like and am excited for New Moon). Then we went to my house and chilled with my family for a little bit. Luke taught me how to say I know the church is true in chinese, and had a little conversation, (I was proud of myself). That night we got to go to Plano with the Elders up there and talk to a little chinese family about prophets and the book of mormon. I got to tell the father what I learned in chinese, that was funny cause I choked, just happens when Im put on the spot with speaking it. But I really like learning that language, its so interesting, lol. They finished up the lesson a little early so we got to stop by Debmom's home, love it there. Maybe its the food..I dont know..haha. "Jk lol." They all make me happy. Lukas is talking so clear now..its amazing what about 3 weeks can do..I could understand what he said! Emma too! I love seeing all the little ones personalities grow. Too cute.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well Devin's gone too. Up to the land of the big BYU..except she's going to Utah College of Dental Hygiene (She is so fetch). Im so excited for her, she'll do great!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beth Anne MacDonnell is officially a senior in high school now. Crazy sauce! Im so proud of her and I hope she has a great year. She's a hottfinamug with a sweet spirit and love to death with all my heart. B is for Beautiful finamug. E is for Energetic finamug. T is for Togther by my side finamug. H is for Honestly sincere finamug. I love her stinkin guts, she makes me smile. Two for you Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco! :]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One last thing. Prayer and scripture study are so important in my life and especially right now. My life is changing, imagine that. Faith is central to who we are and is essental to who we'll become. Having Faith in our Heavenly Father is a peaceful thing. & I love ALL of my family, blood or not. Til the next post. Peace out dude.


Just because she called me when I was writing this post.
& She's the bomb.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Holler. I love you too.
Oh my gosh! Danny Devito! I love your work!

Unknown said...

Dang Girl; when you blog, you blog!